- Chop up some green apples (3 medium size ones would've probably been enough... I did 5 and had too much left over.. :() Mix the following in a separate bowl: ½ cup butter or shortening (cut into small blocks), 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour, ½ teaspoon salt.
- Mix the ingredients by using two knifes (one in each hand) and using the cutting motion~ so that the butter is chopped further into pea-sized chunks. Drizzle in 3-4 tablespoons of water while mixing until the mixture begins to form small balls. Press down with a spatula to see if the balls stick together, if they do you have added enough water. If they do not, add the rest of the water. Press with your hands until the dough sticks together. Press into a flat disk and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- (pictures in the wrong way... ;p) Take out the dough and flatten using rolling pin, flip around and roll some more until the dough is big enough to fit over the pie tin. Press the dough in the pie tin, trimming or pasting in spare bits for the edges. Fill with previously chopped up apples that had been mixed with ½ cup sugar, 1/3 cup all purpose flour, 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, Dash of salt. (The sugar makes the apple pieces water~)
- see above.. ;p
- Cover the pie with the crumbly crust which contains: 1 cup all purpose flour, ½ cup packed brown sugar, ½ cup firm margarine or butter. Mix all ingredients in a bowl until crumbly.
- Cover the edges of the pie crust with aluminium foil to prevent it from burning.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 425 F for 50mins. (check the crust during the last 10mins just in case it burns)
- Enjoy~ :3 (nom nom nom~)
Initially it didn't turn out the way it looked the first time I made it with my lovely colleague, but it ended up tasting pretty good! :D Give it a try sometime~ if I can do it, anyone can! X3